How do you (re) finance your hotel, restaurant, pub, or fitness center to prepare for life after lockdown? No doubt these sectors have been among the hardest hit by the pandemic and current economic downturn. Whether your business has taken out a CBILS or Bounce Back Loan, or hasn’t been eligible, further business cash flow funding may be needed to get back on track.
With 25 years senior management experience in the brewery and hospitality trade there is not much our Senior Commercial Manager doesn’t know about leisure finance. On top, some of our specialist finance partner lenders provide alternatives where major lenders have issues with hospitality and leisure SMEs. Specifically, they may consider loss-making companies if they are able to forecast profitability within 12 months against reasonable growth assumptions.
If you are looking to start a business in the hotel, restaurant, pub or leisure sector, the next months will likely provide an increasing number of leasehold and freehold properties coming on to the market, many at knock down prices. At CC Finance, we help many clients realise their dream of owning a pub, restaurant, hotel or leisure facility. We also assist current ‘tied’ leaseholders acquire the freehold of their current property. For well established and profitable businesses the finance market still offers special arrangements.
Hotel, Restaurant and Leisure (Re) Finance: Key Underwriting Criteria
- solid, demonstrable business plan and cash flow forecast;
- steps taken to try and safeguard the business during the pandemic, for example, reduced hours, salaries, furloughed staff, bonuses, cost cutting;
- other forms of government help the business has applied for / not been able to apply for through ineligibility;
- investment and / or debt-raising rationale and the business’ current financial position as well as projections post-COVID outbreak;
- demonstrable business experience in the sector;
- deposit funds available at circa 30% of any freehold business purchase price;
- additional security may be acceptable in lieu of full deposit funds;
- stock funding and working capital to be available (VAT bridging loans available);
- trading accounts with proof of mortgage affordability from net profits are a key requirement.
If your post Covid-19 business plan and personal experience hold up we invite you to consult the hotel, restaurant and leisure finance specialists.